Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Blast from the past!

Today, the internet brought me back two of my all-time favorite childhood time wasters which I thought I'd lost forever. First, on Facebook, I saw a link to Tetris. No big deal, right? There's eight million tetris games on the internet. No. This is the 1989 Tetris which I have literally played to the point of my Game Boy's batteries exploding. Complete with Russian dancers, rocket ships, and no mercy.


That made me think of this incredibly awesome, yet obscure game I used to play on my Game Boy that I foolishly traded in to get a Game Boy Color, thinking I would never want to play it again. Lies. I wanted to play it the second I traded it in and ever since. It's been years of me wanting to find this game again, but I always forgot the title, and would eventually find it again. Luckily, I have a very dedicated nerd husband who went through every obscure Game Boy Game, going only off of "It has a space ship and you have to shoot sh*t but it's like a puzzle." And amazingly, he found an online port of the NES version. May I present: Quarth.



Want to play? Yes you do. You can find Tetris here, and Quarth here. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why didn't you ask mummy? I've had it on my hard drive for like...ever!
Ah, I missed those Russian dancers and I remember the day the batteries exploded, too!