Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!



For my 21st birthday, my husband took me and a couple of friends to a real Hawaiian (touristy) luau, and it was amazing! Here's just a few of the photos and videos I took with my new Sony Cybershot camera (another of the many awesome presents I got), including the obligatory "coconut shot" (coming soon).


The whole evening was a series of events signaled by some dude blowing on a conch shell, which was really cool.


There was a demonstration of the ancient Hawaiian tradition of dudes in sarongs climbing trees for coconuts. I really wished that my camera zoomed in a little bit more!





Then they showed us how to fish the old-fashioned way, which made really good use of the "paparazzi mode" on my camera, but the series would make this post really long. I totally felt like a press photographer or something.

And of couse, there were hula dancers!


Videos and some more photos next post!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your new camera takes FABOO pics! What a great time you guys had! What a fantastic prezzie and a faboo husband, too!

P.S. Hippo birdie two ewes!